Dude – shopping for athletic clothes (not athleisure, but true athletic clothes that are made for exercise) is not something that I consider fun. There are so many brands and styles that it is easy to get lost down the rabbit hole of choices. That’s why I wanted to put together my curated list of clothes that have always worked for me from the lightest to the most intense workouts (because ya gerl gets after it). Keep in mind- I love seeing other people bring out the fancy designs for the gym, but that ain’t my style. I really like to keep it simple.
Here is a list of my favs and why:
- Tops: Honestly, it isn’t fancy, but I always stick with GapFit Breathe V-neck t-shirts. I have found them to be the most comfortable. They also wash well, have an array of colors, and they are really inexpensive. I typically buy 1-2 of the colored shirts and then two white, two black, and two greys. Goes with everything so perfect for traveling too!
- Pants: I have tried SO many leggings in my time, but my Beyond Yoga pants are the ones that I gravitate to time and time again. That material is so soft and it always fits perfectly everywhere, unlike some other pants I’ve tried that literally sag in the crotch. Not the look.
Link here: https://amzn.to/3hg41Mc
- Bras: I’m obsessed with my Nike bra. It is so cute, fits tightly but not too tight that it smooshes the boobs down. Actually I think it makes me look like I have a little more there, so… SOLD!!
Link Here: https://amzn.to/3bG2bU1
- Underwear: Okay, so I went nuts and bought five different brands of exercise thongs to try. The best ones, hands down, are the New Balance Running Thongs. They are laser cut, and feel like nothing. A little more on the expensive side, but completely worth it!
Link Here: https://amzn.to/3jVVcsO
- Socks: The Balega running socks are my favorite. They have the perfect amount of padding for staying comfortable all the way through my longest and toughest workouts. All true athletic socks are on pricey in my mind, and these are no different, but I will say that they wash and dry well and last a long time.
Link Here: https://amzn.to/3hg4ONa
- Heart Rate Monitor: I always use a heart rate monitor when I workout, but the whole MyZone system has really forced me to challenge myself to push harder and do more. It makes me compete with myself (and others) which makes it truthfully, so fun for me. I like how it easily shows me which “zone” I am working in so I know to push it or go a little lighter. I love how easy the app is to use and track your progress, and, it only needs to be charged once every 6 months (!!) depending on usage. As an example, I exercise 5 times a week, and I have never charged it since I bought it 6 months ago. At all. Like it came in the box not even fully charged and I have never plugged it in! And It is still at 61%!! Perfect for travelers because it is one less thing to charge!
Link Here: https://amzn.to/35jzSJO
I’m so into hearing about what you guys live and swear by for true exercise clothes so comment below!